Liquidiser vs. Blender

By Jaxson

  • Blender

    A blender (sometimes called a liquidiser in British English) is a kitchen and laboratory appliance used to mix, purée, or emulsify food and other substances. A stationary blender consists of a blender jar with a rotating metal blade at the bottom, powered by an electric motor in the base. Some powerful models can also crush ice. The newer immersion blender configuration has a motor on top connected by a shaft to a rotating blade at the bottom, which can be used with any container.

  • Liquidiser (noun)

    standard spelling of liquidizer

  • Blender (noun)

    A machine mashing, crushing{{,}} or liquefying food ingredients.

  • Blender (noun)

    a person or thing that mixes things together, in particular an electric mixing machine used in food preparation for liquidizing, chopping, or pureeing.

Oxford Dictionary

Leave a Comment