Divet vs. Divot

By Jaxson

  • Divot

    The following is a glossary of the terminology currently used in the sport of golf. Where words in a sentence are also defined elsewhere in this article, they appear in italics. Old names for clubs can be found at Obsolete golf clubs.

  • Divet (noun)

    alternative form of divot

  • Divot (noun)

    A torn-up piece of turf (e.g. by a golf club in making a stroke or by a horse’s hoof).

  • Divot (noun)

    A disruption in an otherwise smooth contour.


Leave a Comment