Need and want are two different terms with different use and different meanings. The things that are necessary and without them your survival is in danger are your needs. The things for whom you have the desire to attain for your comfort and on the basis of your liking are your wants. In some cases your need and want may be the same.
The things that are necessary and without them your survival is in danger are your needs. Needs are things that you must have to. Food is the basic need of us. We can’t live without food. Water is also a need of us, without water we cannot survive for long. Oxygen is also a need of us, without oxygen we even can’t survive for 3 minutes. The basic necessities of life are the needs. Shelter or a house to live is a need.
The things for whom you have the desire to attain for your comfort and on the basis of your liking are your wants. Want is your wish for something which is not necessary but is good to have. You may wish to have a Mercedes, it is your want. You like ice cream and want to eat it. Ice cream is a food but not necessary for survival. It is your want to eat ice cream as you like its taste.
- Need is something that you must have to for your survival while want is something that is your wish to have and is not necessary.
- Want is something you may wish to have but need is compulsory to have and you also have a wish to meet your need.
- Food is a need but your wish to eat pizza in food is your want.
- Clothes are the need to cover the body but wish to wear the jeans pent is your want.
- Shelter is the need but wish to live in palace is a want.
- Education is a need but education is a well known institute is a want.
- Car is a need for Mercedes is a want.
- Mobile phone is a need but “Apple Phone” is a want.