The “Wonder” and “Wander” are the words which are relatively dissimilar in implication as of each other. From the word of, Wonder we generally denote an intellectual action that means to experience curiosity or desire to know about something without having any physical movement. On the other side, the Wander is a corporal movement or activity which means to walk around exclusive of a particular objective or intention in mind. When using the word of Wander, the involvement of the physical as well as mental activity can be present as compared to the word wonder in which the physical involvement is absent. Wander is purely a verb by nature the main purpose of which is to indicate an action. The wonder, on the contrary, is used as a verb and besides employed as a noun as well, for illustration check the following case. “Pyramids are a Wonder to watch”. On the other side of the coin, these words are quite enough to confuse English language students, in particular when these are pronounced in British and Americans accents.
The nature of the Wander is an English verb which means to move around aimlessly without any purpose or without any destination. This is a movement which includes that one should be sauntering all over the place without a target. In addition, this word is used to signify physical and nonphysical actions for example wandering story or a wandering movie, a wandering conversation or a person is wandering in a garden. The word of Wander is based on the terminology of “Wandrian”, which is employed for the basic objective of showing the movement of no value. Following illustrations will also help to comprehend the usage and meaning of the verb obviously:-
- I have been wandering in the street for last 10 minutes to find out the barber shop.
- She was wandering here and there in the park talking to her.
- During study, don’t let your minder wander.
The v word is derived from the term of “Wunder”, utilized for describing the magnificent or spectacular expressions. Wonder, a verb, related with the feelings or actions of snooping, appreciation, sensation or uncertainty during experiencing or watching something amazing. The nature of the Wonder is not physical because it is a pure mental activity of thoughts and as an outcome, no relation with physical movement can be present while using the word of wonder for any sentence. One starts to wonder, as one observes something which is strange by nature or something which is weird or anything that is not expected by and large. If someone is wondering concerning somewhat amazing, he experiences feelings of admiration, awe, amazement, surprise and others like these. When we are offered something great, strange, new, unusual or extraordinary, our expressions show the meaning of wonder. In order to recognize the meanings of wonder easily and effectively, get hold of a glance at the following illustrations:-
- I am wondering the way he delivered the lecture.
- Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.
- Great Wall of China is one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
- Wonder is the activity which is related with mental state or thought, while wander is a corporal action that includes movement or action.
- Wonder is the sentiments of appreciation or astonishment although Wander is aimless movement having no specific purpose.
- Wander comes from “Wandrian”, used for worthless movement. In contrast, the base of the word Wonder appears from “Wunder”, a word used for magnificent or spectacular thing.
- In the case of wonder, there is no chance of physical involvement. In wander, on the other side, the physical involvement is possible.