If you are planning to visit for a new place and location and you have no idea about the distance and location than no need to worry. Now with the help of Google Maps and Google Earth you can trace the location and can measure the distance easily.
Google maps is a mapping application, which provides the users different maps in different style. With the help of this tool you can see the map and location of any street, road, building, country, city in image form via satellite. It is active since its launching date, February 8, 2005. It will automatically calculate distance of two locations in different range if you wants to go through car, motorbike, bicycle or walking on foot. Google Maps are regularly updated by Google and most of the data is just 3 years old. Google Maps is very popular service in smartphone and since August 2013 54% smartphone users are using Google Maps.
This is also a mapping application being available by Google since June 11, 2005. Officially it was not developed by Google. In 2004, Google acquired this setup from Keyhole Inc. a CIA funded company. At that time its name was EarthViewer 3D later on changed by Google Earth. Whenever a user search for a place, it automatically fetch the images from satellite and shows on the system. Currently Windows 2000, XP, 7 and 8, Linux, Android, iOS, Symbian, Blackberry Storm are supporting this application. Limited version is available free of cost and Google Earth Pro is available for $399/year. At that time Google Earth is available in 45 international languages.
- Google Maps gives you option to find your location through website. While Google Earth is a software, which is required to be install on computer to perform.
- Google Earth offers more comprehensive search than Google Maps. It offers you to the 3D view of you r location with detail. You can rotate your location. While Google Maps gives simple image view of your streets, buildings and roads with less detail.
- Basic version of Google Earth and complete version of Google Maps is available free. While Google Earth has launched its advanced Google Earth Pro version whose cost is $399/year.
- Zooming scale of Google Earth is larger than Google Maps.
- Google Earth provides you the real image with high quality while Google Maps just draw a sketch of you result.
- Google Earth can be used as Google Maps. In latest version you can switch Google Earth to Google maps mode. Google Maps is a standalone service having no extra features of Google Earth.
- If you want to explore the Mars and Moon you can explore the surface of both planet by Google Earth, which is not offered by Google Maps.