Chrome and Chromium are two different browsers of Google. Both are used for browsing and have some different features. What are the basic differences between them and how they performs there functions will be revealed after reading this complete article.
- First there is different logo of both. Chrome has colorful logo consists of red, green, blue and yellow color. While Chromium logo has one blue color.
- Chrome is a freeware web browser while Chromium is an open source web browser.
- Crash reporting option is available in Chrome and you can turn it on or off. While there is no option of crash reporting in Chromium.
- PDF viewer and flash player or already built in Chrome and you can enable or disable the same. While Chromium requires a plug-in for both PDF viewer and flash player.
- Chromium supports three media codes, Vorbis, WebM and Theora. Chrome supports six media Vorbis, WebM, Theora, AAC, MP3 and H.264.
- Print preview system is available by Chrome but not by Chromium.
- Automatic updates option is available in Chrome while in Chromium users are required to manually install any updates.
- Chromium is an open source software so frequently updates are available by Chromium while updates of Chrome are launched after sometime.
- Chromium is most popular on Linux OS while Chrome is most popular on Windows OS and mobiles.
- Chrome is available for iOS also while Chromium is not available for iOS.